At the Bahia Principe Privilege Club we celebrate the World Environment Day. Join us!
Following the intrinsic values of the company, together with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, we innovate in practices that are favorable to the conservation of the environment. The hotel chain came through with its promise of preservation of the environment after delivering with its strategy to reduce the use of plastics in its hotels.
Additionally, measures to save water consumption per stay were also taken. Together with energy consumed per guest and an increase recovery of recyclable waste. And, let’s not forget the contributions to preserve the biodiversity in each destination.
Here we leave some quick points of how you can join this movement and celebrate World Environment Day with us:
- Reduce, to the point of eliminating, the use of disposable plastic.
- Save water. When brushing, soaping, washing the dishes… Just close the tap if you do not need water. You will be making a huge contribution.
- Conserve electrical energy. Disconnect electronic devices that you are not using.
- Control the temperature. A frosted room is not necessarily convenient.
- If possible, opt for sustainable mobility. Club cars and resort trains operate with electric batteries.
- Apply the 3 Rs. Reuse, reduce and recycle as much as your creativity allows. You will even see savings over time.
- Support local programs for the preservation of species. Remember that we are all part of the ecosystem, and from the smallest turtle to the greatest coral reefs, all have an important role on the planet.
Did you know… The volume of seaweed seen nowadays in the coasts of the Caribbean are a result of global warming.
Avoiding global warming, reducing your CO2 footprint and supporting fishing bans. All sound like big responsibilities, but in the union lies strength.
Here is a bit of history about World Environment Day.
In 1972 the UN designated World Environment Day on June 5, signaling the first day of the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm. Another resolution adopted by the General Assembly on the same day results in the creation of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP).