For those who long to go on vacation, traveling to a distant place to relax and forget about the daily routine sure sounds tempting. That is why we want to provide you with some tips that may help you avoid Jet Lag and thus fully enjoy every minute of your adventure.
Jet Lag is an alteration of our internal clock caused by long-distance travel, in which our routine and sleep patterns are altered, thus also disturbing our mood. Other names by which it is known are rapid time zone change syndrome, transoceanic syndrome, hourly decompensation, or time zone syndrome
Among the manifestations experienced due to this state, there is fatigue, general discomfort, headache, irritability, apathy, among others. In order to avoid any of these ailments, here are our recommendations to avoid we recommend the following:
- Stay well hydrated during the flight and avoid consuming alcohol and caffeine.
- Do not overeat before, during, and after the flight, and make sure that the foods you eat are high in protein and low in fat.
- Try to sleep well before the trip to arrive rested on the flight. In case you’re flying east, try going to bed earlier than usual, and if you’re flying west, try going to bed later than usual.
- It is essential to sleep well on the plane. If you have trouble sleeping, you can take a natural relaxer, such as chamomile.
- During the flight, change the clock time to the country you are flying to, and so you will gradually get used to the new time zone.
- If you arrive at night, go to bed at that time, but if you arrive during the day, it is better to stay awake. This little effort will help you enjoy a pleasant night’s sleep and a perfect second day of vacation.
Now you can prepare your luggage and remember that every minute of your vacation is important. Do you have any travel advice or recommendations? Send us your best recommendations on social networks using the hashtag #BPPCExperience. For more articles about travel, you can visit our Travel Talk section.